JOB NUMBER: 1234
In this role, you will assist our Senior Technical Advisor in tailings planning, short and long-term. Support the business by using GIS and earthwork modeling software applications to provide detailed tailings deposition and water removal plans. Help track short and long term KPIs for tailings and water management, supports tailings monitoring and instrumentation planning, QAQC and safe work plans for tailings management. Work with appropriate team members to determine the overall strategy and plans for the department and provides support in TSF construction. The normal schedule is a four (4) day work week, depending on project timing.
Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
- Ensure all consultants, contractors and vendors are working in compliance with all mine procedures.
- Ensure that all employees and contractors are certified to execute the tasks/jobs they are assigned.
- Conduct Planning and Scheduling activities safely and in accordance with SAP Work Management processes, and adheres to relevant regulations, laws, standards and procedures.
- Deliver against performance targets and budgets for safety, planning, equipment availability, and cost.
- Plan work according to TSF construction strategies, using survey and design tools.
- Provide input into the formation of the Tailings department as well as long-term planning.
- Prepare long-term plans and short-term schedules that allow for the appropriate utilization and management of equipment and resources.
- Assign resources and develop work schedules for TSF construction. Daily checks on building to design/QAQC checks.
- Participate in and document weekly, monthly, and long-term project planning and scheduling meetings.
- Maintain and assist in developing and/or reviewing standard jobs / task lists / safe work instructions, etc.
- Develop Weekly / Monthly Project Schedules:
- Schedule crane moves and tailings disposal locations
- Includes break-downs as appropriate
- Review and validate clarity of planned/assigned work
- Define and/or review scope of work to be completed
- Produce cost estimates as required, liaising with Supply Chain and Procurement teams
- Conduct job site review weekly and print and distribute plans for 7 day work week
- Build plans that minimize equipment downtime
- Initiate the interface between maintenance and other business areas to develop an integrated plan
- Create Purchase Requisitions
- Develop medium and long-term plans as required
- Support initiatives to optimize existing business systems, processes, practices, and equipment to improve the overall performance of the function
- Assist with the implementation of industry and global tailings standards and reporting.
- Behave in a way that demonstrates support of Capstones Vision and Values: Always Accountable, Execute with Excellence, Deliver Results and Work Responsibly
- Responsible for but not limited to all tasks/duties assigned or required
- Knowledge of TSF design, construction, operation, maintenance, and surveillance.
- Knowledge of soil/rock mechanics, stability analysis and general geotechnical engineering principles.
- Knowledge of general civil engineering principles.
- Knowledge of survey equipment, procedures, and principles.
- Bachelors degree in one of the following: Civil Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering or Mine Engineering.
- Minimum of two years experience working within the field of tailings to include but not limited to consulting/design/engineering/construction.
- Successfully completed in-house testing and certifications when required.
- Proven ability to operate independently and in small multi-discipline teams, demonstrated leadership skills, and be self-motivated.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills required.
- Strong time management skills required.
- Intermediate to Proficient computer skills (All Microsoft Office programs, AutoCAD Civil3D, Muk3D).
- SAP experience (familiarity with SAP planning module, Asset Management a plus).
- Able to speak, comprehend, read, and write English
DOE Market Competitive
Prefer Local/Regional Candidates
VIEW MORE JOBS