JOB NUMBER: 1307
THE ROLE The purpose of this role is to provide metallurgical leadership & support to the Mill with the objective of safely producing low cost, high quality zinc concentrate.
- Provide technical support where product and process developments are implemented to ensure optimum concentrate quality meeting company smelting and marketing objectives.
- Identify and provide solutions for quality problems found by inspection and test planning.
- Provide technical input to improve the quality of work in the technical section and the metallurgical laboratory.
- Senior Metallurgist is responsible for assaying and assay lab, and develop lab processes/procedures.
- Promote QA/QC
- Coordinate with production personnel to ensure the Mill operates to optimum metallurgical standards.
- Lead process continual improvement be it coaching and mentoring the operating teams or physical improvement to the process units within the plant.
- Determine processing improvements be it physical plant design or process changes from conceptual to implementation in line with targets and long term operational strategy.
- Development of metallurgical improvements through conceptualization of improvement items through to planning and execution in an organized and clear process.
- Specific bench testing and plant testing or plant surveys are the responsibility of the Senior Metallurgist to lead, drive and arrive at recommended overall process improvements.
- Comply with policies, procedures, agreed values and behaviors and Code of Conduct
- Effective people management of staff by setting clear performance objectives, providing regular feedback and development through coaching and training of employees in the production teams
- Qualifications in Metallurgy or relevant degree
- Minimum eight years experience in a Plant Metallurgist role preferably in a base metal and flotation plant with a minimum 3 years at a senior metallurgist level.
- Hands on experience in plant operation be it through successive operating roles or through project management or plant operational improvement projects will be considered
DOE Market Competitive
Company Assistance Provided
VIEW MORE JOBS